District Heating Summary
We provide cooling and heating services in Pohang to save energy, reduce CO2 emissions, and improve air quality.
District Heating Facilities
1. Heating plants
- - Heat exchanger : #4 sintering 37 Gcal/H, steam heat exchanger 25Gcal/H
- - Emergency heat exchanger (using steam) : 50 Gcal/H
- - Backup boilers (using LNG) : 38 Gcal/H
2. Heat transfer facilities
- - Pressure pumps : 1,140㎥/H X 2 units
- - Heat transport pipes : 38.2Km (32A~450A)
- - Circulating pumps : 285㎥/H X 5 units
Effects of District Heating
It’s SafeThere is no risk of fire, explosion, or suffocation because heat generation facilities, such as boilers, fuel storage, and transportation facilities are not necessary.
It’s ConvenientSelective heating is available. You can reduce fuel costs with the meter that allows for reasonable heating cost compared to the existing heating method.
It’s Eco-friendlyWe generate and supply medium-temperature hot water using POSCO’s sintering plant system that helps create a clean atmosphere.
It’s EconomicalWe generate and supply medium-temperature hot water using POSCO’s sintering plant system that helps create a clean atmosphere.
It’s PleasantYou can maintain a consistent indoor temperature all day, and use hot water at a constant temperature at any time.